Monday, May 4, 2015

Recovery and a Birthday!

First my recap of my week:

Monday: Rest
Tuesday: 30 minutes walking on treadmill
Wednesday: 30 minutes cycling
Thursday: Rest
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Walked around dog park (more on that later)
Sunday: 2 mile run

It was great to have a week that was no pressure and no schedule. I did what felt good and when it felt good. I'm going to try to add one more cross training day this next week, just to keep myself motivated!


My one run this week was with gorgeous weather and it felt great!


I made sure to stretch extra well, because my legs are still a little dead from last week.
Introducing: My new shoes! I'm trying out the Brooks Launch 2 because I've heard so many good things about them. Don't worry, they aren't replacing my Ghosts. The Launch are much lighter and I'm going to do short distances/speed work with them. I'll still use my Ghosts for long runs and long races.


Now to the real news: this past week was Wrigley's 1st Birthday!
He got two new toys including a Pound Puppy! (I love the Pound Puppies because we always read their book when we went to Grandma and Grandpa's)
We also went to a super cool dog park in Nashville to celebrate. It was probably the size of a couple football fields and all fenced in. Needless to say, our little dude had a ton of fun and was a little sleepy when we got home :)


Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment