Monday, June 23, 2014

My Connection to the World Cup Game Yesterday

This may surprise some people, but I played a soccer game yesterday. Ok not really. However, I did almost as much as they did in similar weather. So I think I deserve some props for that.

As far as I can tell from my advanced internet research (internet is always right), soccer players run up to 9.5 miles per game. Their weather in Brazil for the US game was 78 with 87% humidity. They were in such weather for about 95 minutes.

Now to compare what I did yesterday: Weather in Hendersonville, TN at 6am (when I started my run) was 70 degrees with 97% humidity. It got up to 77 before my run was over. I ran 9 miles and I was out there for 116 minutes. Not to compare, but I'm pretty sure I'm more hard-core than the FIFA World Cup.

Needless to say, it was a great run! I was just a bit sweaty, but I felt great. Glad I got my run in before it got to 97 later in the day. And I didn't even have to dramatically flop and act like a diva!


DISCLAIMER: I actually really enjoyed watching the US soccer game. I have great respect for their athletic abilities. Just had to let the internet world know that I happen to be better. Just don't make me kick a ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment