Monday, February 23, 2015

Craziness and Marathon Training Wk 9

This week has been reallllly interesting! Will explain in a minute.

Monday: Tabata Workout

super sweaty tabata supersets - hard but great work out...give it a try instead of sitting around eating bonbons and watching TV.
Tuesday: Weather=no run
Wednesday: Weather=no run
Thursday: 3 miles, strength session, Cycle Hip Hop
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 13.1 miles (on the treadmill) and personal training
Sunday: Sweet Surrender Yoga (90 minutes)

The weather has wrecked my training this week! I promise this is not just an excuse. I know that most of you who read my blog are my family and that most of you live up north. So here's the deal with winter weather in TN. 


1. TN does not have the resources to deal with the cold/ice/snow/gross. While we had winter weather all week, I think I saw two plows and zero salt trucks. They did a pretty good job, but they just don't have the fleets that northern cities do.

2. TN drivers do not know how to drive in any weather (except for sunny, no wind). I was much more worried about other drivers than I was about myself. My husband even told me he thought I shouldn't go out because of the other drivers. I think there were at least 4 major interstates closed on Tuesday due to major accidents. Not risking my life.

3. If I don't go to work, I feel guilty going to the gym. This is something my Mom always told us growing up. "If you are too sick/weather is too bad to go to school, you shouldn't be able to go to the fun stuff after school". We didn't have work Monday or Tuesday and Wednesday we started late. So I didn't get to do the fun stuff after work. (Except for the Predators game we went to Tuesday night. Whoops. *don't tell my mom!*)

Tuesday was supposed to be my first track session through Fleet Feet, but that got cancelled. So I'm looking forward to that tomorrow. 

Now for the half marathon on the treadmill thing:

I'll set the stage for you. There was an inch of ice everywhere, covering Nashville. Then there was snow for several hours on Friday, to cover the ice. Then there was freezing rain, to cover the snow. Then there was rain, to make the ice more slippery. Then it was Saturday morning and I needed to run 13.1 miles. My husband was wonderful enough to drive me to the gym, but that meant almost 3 hours on a treadmill. Would not suggest it to anyone. Even my worst enemy.
On the plus side: I'M HALFWAY TO 26.2! 

Weather is supposed to be a little better this week, so hopefully getting in all my runs! Have a great week! I'll have some fun news to share next week (not a baby). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment