Monday, February 16, 2015

Hot Chocolate 15k and Marathon Training Week 8

Well today is a very exciting day for me. Snow day! So no work, but also no running (it's a rest day anyway).

First off, quick recap of marathon training week 8

I had another off week

Monday-Rest
Tuesday- Nothing
Wednesday-Nada
Thursday-Zilch
Friday-Rest
Saturday- Hot Chocolate 15k
Sunday- 90 minute restorative yoga

Again, I don't have much of an excuse. It was a stressful week with lots of hard decisions that I will tell you about in the coming weeks. Don't worry, it's all good! I just have to remember that running does help me with stress, not make it worse.

Anyway, here is my race recap!

Hot Chocolate 15k

I went to the expo to pick up our packets on Friday evening. It was a little bit of a hassle to get to, but I also went during rush hour. The expo looked fun, but I didn't really have time to look around.
We got downtown at about 5:45am on Saturday morning. It was abut 20 degrees, but it wasn't awful. I, at least, was prepared with several layers.



Brad was running the 5k and I was running the 15k. The first 2.3 miles we ran together and it was the best Valentine's date for a runner! Especially when you can get your non-runner husband to run with you (even if it's just for chocolate).

 Here's a couple pictures that Brad took of me in the finishing stretch. I was very spent at this point. Let's just say I overestimated my training. Considering I ran 12 miles last weekend, I decided 9 miles would be easy. It wasn't. But I'm glad I did it and it felt good to get the first race of the year done!

I wore my super cool socks from Pro Compression. It was Valentine's Day afterall! The medal was really cool too.


Don't worry, I didn't actually eat the medal, but I was super proud of it!

I did get a PR, but only because I've never run a 15k before. Still not up to speed, but I start my Speed Sessions through Fleet Feet Nashville this Tuesday. I'm holding out hope that it will make me super speedy :)

Hope y'all had a great Valentine's Day and a great week :) 

1 comment:

  1. How awesome that you could run a bit together at the start! Congrats on your auto PR! :)

    ReplyDelete