That led me to thinking about how many "health" habits I am stuck in.
1. At the Cycle class, I have to have the same bike every time, have to have it set up at least 10 minutes before class and I want the same instructor. I'd even like it if the same people were on either side of me too.
2. When I do strength stuff, I have to use the same machines every time. Even though my gym has three sets of machines, I use the same ones every time because the other ones "feel weird".
3. When I run on a treadmill, I would like the same one every time. I'd like to have a TV show that I like on, or else I have to have Netflix or Hulu. I have to have water and chapstick.
4. When I go out to eat, I have to get a salad or else I feel like I have cheated. Even if what I got was healthier than a salad.
5. I like to go to the gym at the same time everyday because the same people are there. After work at around 5 and on weekends early in the morning.
I think I just self-diagnosed myself with health OCD. I'm kind of ok with it. I have gotten much better with my actual running. I still obsessively stick to a training schedule, but I'm more willing to run in less than ideal weather and with less than ideal energy than I used to be. I should probably work on flexibility in my life...
What health habits are you stuck in?