Monday, December 8, 2014

Weekend Joys

We had a great weekend and I'm proud to say that I'm slowly getting back on the health train!

We had some friends from Chicago here for the weekend, so we were a little more exciting than normal. We still went to our personal training session on Saturday morning. Keith kicked my butt (almost literally). My wonderful husband asked that we do legs and it was a pain in the butt (this is literal).

That evening/afternoon, we went to Jack's BBQ in downtown Nashville. I had never actually eaten there, but we had had them cater several things at work so I had had their food. I'm not a big bar-b-que person, and I don't think I ever will be. But I enjoyed my naked smoked turkey and mac and cheese!

Our next stop was Bridgestone Arena to see the Nashville Predators vs. Chicago Blackhawks. 


We are still loyal Blackhawks fans and thankfully, they pulled out the win! It makes being a displaced fan much easier when your team beats the home team. Plus it was fun to see all the bars on Broadway flying Blackhawks flags!

I intended on going running on Sunday morning, but our dog needed to get out of the apartment (to maintain the sanity of everyone there). So we went on a long two mile walk instead. I tried running with him, but I'm just waaaay too fast for him :) Even though he disrupted my running plans, he's just so darn cute: 

Exhibit A:


I also think he really hates me sometimes. This picture is one of those times.


So here's my plan for this week: 

Monday: 2 Mile run after work (hopefully before dark)
Tuesday: Strength Training (arm day) and Hip Hop Cycle
Wednesday: 2 Mile run before work (or after if I can't get up :P)
Thursday: Strength Training (leg day) and Hip Hop Cycle
Friday: 2 Mile run before work and Strength Training after work
Saturday: Personal Training 
Sunday: 4.5-5 Mile run early morning, possibly a yoga session if I have time

Looking forward to the last quite week before Christmas!

Favorite sports team?
           -Easy, Denver Broncos!
If you like BBQ, which city has the best (I know it isn't Nashville)?


1 comment:

  1. I think I have said this before, but your dog is so cute!

    That is so fun you got to see the Blackhawks play! I would love to go to a hockey game! :)

    ReplyDelete