Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Hitting it Hard!

I accomplished my goal for last night! Two mile run and a Hip Hop Cycle class. Needless to say, I was tired, but that's my favorite kind of tired :) This was me:


I'll start with the run:








I felt like I was going much faster than what it ended up being, but I'm alright with that. It was dark so I felt kind of adventurous. Plus I knew I had somewhere to be, so that motivated me to stick to a pace.

That leads me to Hip Hop Cycle. I had been going to this three times a week between the half marathon and the Stupid Ankle. It is essentially a spin class, but with hip hop dance moves incorporated into it. It is so much fun, but also one of the more difficult classes I have ever done. It uses your entire body and it is very high-paced. It definitely helps my stamina and endurance, but also my speed. Because we are moving our legs so quickly in this class, I think it helps me learn how to move them quicker while running.

It was a wonderful day of health and I hope to continue that trend today. I've got a strength training session on the schedule for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment